Congratulations to Obed Salas, who won the second place trophy in the Dealey Interscholastic Chess Tournament on November 15, 2014. Thanks, Obed, for your example and for proving to everyone that the Hotchkiss Chess Club rocks!
By Monday After Thanksgiving, December 1, 2014, every Hotchkiss Chess Club member needs to learn to solve Hotchkiss Endgame Exercises 001 through 009. And if that assignment is too boring, study Exercise 010.
Mayura ChessBoard - A FREE chess program for Windows
1) CLICK HERE to download MayuraChessBoard.zip.
2) Then click on the downloaded zip file to extract the contents.
3) And then click on "setup.exe" to install the program.
LucasChess - A FREE chess program for Windows:
1) CLICK HERE to download the program
3) And then click on the downloaded exe file and follow instructions.
By Friday, November 21, everyone in the Chess Club should be able to solve Problems 1, 2, 3, 4, and 15.
Thousands of exercises: mate in one; mate in two; mate in three
Good Starts and Bad Starts
Email me for further details re. access to this free academic chess ranking database for school chess clubs.
Resources for the academic chess community